Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Icky Thump!

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I'm excited for June 19th. Why you ask? It's only the date for the White Stripe's new release, Icky Thump. Honestly at this point there are few things Jack White could do to dissapoint critics and fans, and I'm sure Icky Thump is going to provide evidence of that. Besides being their first cd with a title track, it's also going to feature some fancy trumpet playing from an unknown spanish player, I can only imagine where Jack White managed to find him. Word has it that this new release is going back to their garage rock roots, which is exciting indeed, although I can't say I didn't like Get Behind Me Satan. Mark your calendars and clear out your tents, the white stripes are coming back.

-Jeremy

No comments: